Made in Taiwan. Can you help me identify this one?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dustan

Jan 3, 2018
Wisconsin
Hello, I’m new and this is my first post. I’m looking to put a wood burning stove in my basement (I live in SE Wisconsin and have a forced air furnace and a fireplace). I have an available flue because I replaced our traditional water heater with a PVC vented one and freed it up.
My family has always had a fisher mama bear in the basement which has heated our house for the most part.
However, I don’t think I’ll be able to convince my homeowners insurance to approve a non UL listed stove.

I was over at a friends house and they had this stove in their basement. I took a picture of the tag but not the stove. I can’t find any info on it anywhere and am wondering if anyone knows anything about it? Is it UL listed?

Hopefully the pictures came through.

Attachments

• 66DB8533-2ED3-4803-8802-0ADAC8055A83.jpeg
    66DB8533-2ED3-4803-8802-0ADAC8055A83.jpeg
    97.1 KB · Views: 132
  • C360CB64-D771-4B76-8F15-09F9A25CB1E9.jpeg
    C360CB64-D771-4B76-8F15-09F9A25CB1E9.jpeg
    196.6 KB · Views: 154
  • DB86F3CF-982B-41CC-A29A-7CCC7B544205.jpeg
    DB86F3CF-982B-41CC-A29A-7CCC7B544205.jpeg
    160.3 KB · Views: 135
Hello, I’m new and this is my first post. I’m looking to put a wood burning stove in my basement (I live in SE Wisconsin and have a forced air furnace and a fireplace). I have an available flue because I replaced our traditional water heater with a PVC vented one and freed it up.
My family has always had a fisher mama bear in the basement which has heated our house for the most part.
However, I don’t think I’ll be able to convince my homeowners insurance to approve a non UL listed stove.

I was over at a friends house and they had this stove in their basement. I took a picture of the tag but not the stove. I can’t find any info on it anywhere and am wondering if anyone knows anything about it? Is it UL listed?

If it is an older stove it could be a Scandia. But Scandia have their name on the front, most of the time.

Post a picture of the full front of the stove.

there a model # on that tag. that would help looks like a vogelzang copy of a antique stove

Reactions: Jan Pijpelink
It looks exactly like this! Would this be considered a UL Listed stove?
I dont see any testing lab listed on the tag so by that i would say no. If there is a lab listed and it is acredited then yes but it still is not a stove i would consider installing in my house.

Reactions: Jan Pijpelink