Made in Taiwan wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Is there a UL label on the back of the stove listing tested clearances? If not, it is considered an unlisted stove. The clearances for an unlisted stove are 36" in all directions. The brick wall behind it will reduce this requirement by 33% or 24". Is there 24" from the back corner of the stove to the wall?

Reactions: SoCalstove
Hello Everyone,

I made a first time purchase on a used Wood Stove. Hoping I haven't made a mistake as I had seen a discussion elsewhere about parts cracking under a full heat.

The rear of the stove reads Made in Taiwan. No other makers marks or info is visible beside various stamped numbers or letters on different parts.
Any help is appreciated.
View attachment 284393

For a while during the 80s True Value stores sold the stove. Here's what it looks like new. This one sold for $40 at auction. Made in Taiwan.
View attachment 284524
Mine does say “Double Star” on the back.
And “Taiwan” of course. Got it “used” back in 85.

Mine does say “Double Star” on the back.
And “Taiwan” of course. Got it “used” back in 85.
Yes but without a ul tag its an unlisted stove and needs to be installed as such.