Magnetic thermometer "climbing" up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

killerdyller

Jul 23, 2012
West central Indiana
I just noticed this evening after work that the el cheapo condar magnetic thermometer on the front of my insert is up about an inch higher than normal. I read a thread about stoves expanding and contracting and moving over time, and wonder if this might be the same phenomenon with the thermometer. I haven't bumped it, and it's absolutely possible for me to look at it for a week and not notice it moved. Any ideas?

Best guess is that somebody did bump it. Just don't see how it would move on its own.

Stoves moving on their own . . . thermometers moving on their own . . . next thing I know I'll wake up tomorrow morning only to find the clothes dryer beside my bed. :)

Someone trying to drive you nuts:)

Stoves moving on their own . . . thermometers moving on their own . . . next thing I know I'll wake up tomorrow morning only to find the clothes dryer beside my bed. :)

You haven't experienced that yet?,lol.

Reactions: firefighterjake
Syzygy, plain and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.