Mahindra 4540

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
Foothills of The Adirondacks
I had a bunch of dead pine branches in this area so I started the cleanup around the trails before going after 10 face cord of Ash after the leaves fall. I took three utility trailer loads to the town wood dump.

In this area that I cleaned up today are for Ash trees, nothing big but once the leaves come off they'll come down.

Attachments

Reactions: heavy hammer

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
I took three utility trailer loads to the wood dump today, I used the forks on the 4540 to get everything I piled up yesterday and some dead pine at the other end where the trail will come through.

The tree on picture 0771 will come down since it will never be a good tree, then more pickup of the woods floor and three more dead rotten pine will come down before I get the Rhino or tractor in there.

Attachments

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
I finally used the 4540 to get three loads of branches loaded up on the utility trailer ready for the wood dump. The first two loads are in picture number 0874, the branches in 0877 are what's left in that area that I'll load up tomorrow.

Attachments

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
I brought a bunch of Ash tops and dead Pine to the wood dump. Picture 0879 is the first load from the pile that was next to the two Pines in picture 0880, 0881 & 82 are more dead chit from different areas, 0883 had a bunch of dead Pine in it before today, and 0884 & 85 were two trails that were blocked of with piles of dead branches which I loaded up last night.

Attachments

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
I didn't take any pictures but we had a neighbor who had ordered their firewood for this year last February but the person never delivered and would never return any of the neighbors phone calls so I delivered four face cord today with the tractor.

They had some leftover from last year so it should be enough but if they need more, I told them to call.

heavy hammer

Minister of Fire
Jul 18, 2015
Kirtland Ohio
Nice that you helped the neighbors out. I'm sure they appreciated it.

Reactions: thewoodlands

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
Nice that you helped the neighbors out. I'm sure they appreciated it.
I've known about it since spring so I told them if the firewood guy didn't get back with them, we had enough firewood that we could help.

They've been good to us, they sold us all the land we own so I've always helped them out from splitting to plowing their driveway along with moving wood inside during the winter.

heavy hammer

Minister of Fire
Jul 18, 2015
Kirtland Ohio
Good to see people still helping each other out. It has been a tough year on a lot of people so if people can stick together and find a way to get through it everyone will be better off.

heavy hammer

Minister of Fire
Jul 18, 2015
Kirtland Ohio
I just had mine done this past June both 1000 gallon tanks pumped and inspected.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
I used the backhoe on the 4540 when I uncovered the septic tank, once I was within a foot of the top I used the shovel. Everything thing was good so hopefully we'll do it again in another three years.

I did get more sand from our property with the FEL, I'm not sure when I used the tractor last but it started up fine and ran real good.

Attachments