Mahindra 4540

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
Foothills of The Adirondacks
We have two storm systems coming in, one starts tomorrow night and the next system starts either on Thursday or Friday. I cut back the banks on one side of the driveway by 3 or 4 or feet, that should make us ready for the next two storms.

I also plowed out what I call the natural drain so when the melt and the rain starts, it will be ready. I'm sure that this will be plowed out again but getting the snow out of there will help big time, especially if we get dumped on.

I also plowed out the low side of the garage and then roof raked it some.

Attachments

heavy hammer

Minister of Fire
Jul 18, 2015
Kirtland Ohio
We are supposed to get some snow as well 8-12 inches maybe more in the snow belt. Were ready I don't have much snow here just a few inches. The garage is full of wood so other than moving some snow it should be alright. Temps next week go back up in the mid 30's so spring is not to far away.

Reactions: thewoodlands

kennyp2339

Minister of Fire
Feb 16, 2014
We are supposed to get some snow as well 8-12 inches maybe more in the snow belt. Were ready I don't have much snow here just a few inches. The garage is full of wood so other than moving some snow it should be alright. Temps next week go back up in the mid 30's so spring is not to far away.
You'll be in Jersey by Thursday here, ice total forecasts keep going up, the one thing that sticks out is a longer period of lighter precip, thats disaster in the making.

heavy hammer

Minister of Fire
Jul 18, 2015
Kirtland Ohio
kennyp2339 The storm bad for you guys up there? We didn't get hit that bad almost no outages.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
It has been an old fashion type winter snow wise, I'm glad that I cleaned up more areas for snow storage.

I use the 4540 today so I could lift the snow that I plowed to the top of the banks.

NOAA was calling for 8-12 , we've received 6-7 so far.

Attachments

Reactions: heavy hammer

kennyp2339

Minister of Fire
Feb 16, 2014
kennyp2339 The storm bad for you guys up there? We didn't get hit that bad almost no outages.
Nope, mother nature spared us, just over 1/4" of ice accretion on the tree's / lines at daybreak yesterday, no issues at all and it was melted by lunch time.

heavy hammer

Minister of Fire
Jul 18, 2015
Kirtland Ohio
We had no ice but last night we ended up with another 4-6 inches of the fluffy snow. Sunny today about 23 but still cold. Next week is back in the 30's

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
I removed some snow on the northeast of our house, with the sun getting stronger and March around the corner, it would just melt and follow the natural drain down into the woods.

I pushed the snow deep into the woods on the northside of the house, if it melts and then freezes it doesn't matter.

The first two pictures are before and the last two are after.

104_1520.JPG 104_1521.JPG 104_1522.JPG 104_1523.JPG 104_1524.JPG 104_1525.JPG 104_1526.JPG

Reactions: heavy hammer

heavy hammer

Minister of Fire
Jul 18, 2015
Kirtland Ohio
I'm going to get a set of chains for my tractor for the coming winter. I wish I could use my tractor more in the winter but with my elevation change it can be very difficult to get the tractor back up the path when it has snow or ice on it. Kennyp2239 recommended a place to check out, appreciate that Kenny! I have been using a wheelbarrow or just carry it but it kills me to not be able to use the tractor. It can move a lot more firewood or snow than me at a time and it doesn't tired.