thewoodlands Posted By thewoodlands, Dec 22, 2017 at 6:37 PM

1. heavy hammer

heavy hammer
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jul 18, 2015
    Loc:
    Kirtland Ohio
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Have you been getting a lot of rain there, thewoodlands? Good to see the tractor checked out. I ended up getting more wood from a buddies neighbor. He had seven ash taken down but wanted nothing to do with the wood. The smaller stuff was spoken for but I'll take the bigger stuff all day long.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    thewoodlands and kennyp2339 like this.
  2. thewoodlands

thewoodlands
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 25, 2009
    Loc:
    Foothills of The Adirondacks
    No, all the heavy rains have stayed east,west,north and south of us. I think the last time they called for heavy rain (2.55 inches) we received one inch.

We had a nice steady rain that started in the early morning but it stopped around seven this morning so we didn't get much, the rivers and brooks around here are at late August levels ........ we still have water in the well! :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    heavy hammer likes this.
  3. heavy hammer

heavy hammer
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jul 18, 2015
    Loc:
    Kirtland Ohio
    Water in the well is a good thing especially if you haven't been getting much rain. It makes the outside projects easier as well. We have been getting a lot of rain but only at night. Other than fluids and filters what else did they do to the tractor.

4. thewoodlands

thewoodlands
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 25, 2009
    Loc:
    They cleaned some sand off the engine/motor and greased it good, he said that he didn't see any water in the filter so that was good. They did check for any loose bolts or nuts and they were all good, I had just went over most of them.

Nice score on that wood, how much do you think it will come out to?

heavy hammer likes this.
  5. thewoodlands

thewoodlands
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 25, 2009
    Loc:
    @heavy hammer , we're finally getting some much needed rain but I don't think we'll get much tonight.

Is your area in for any rains from this system coming up through?

6. thewoodlands

thewoodlands
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 25, 2009
    Loc:
    Yesterday I removed some very small stumps from our walking trail (toe smashers) with the 4540. Once our new garage is ready, we'll get and screen some sand for use this winter on parts of our driveway.

Further away from the house, we use ashes from the outside fireplace or the wood stove on the driveway.

heavy hammer likes this.
  7. thewoodlands

thewoodlands
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 25, 2009
    Loc:
    Some of this would be nice!:cool:

Attached Files:

8. BrotherBart

BrotherBart
    Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Looks exactly like my driveway.

thewoodlands likes this.
  9. thewoodlands

thewoodlands
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 25, 2009
    Loc:
    The pictures above are in the woods heading to what we call the sandpit, these three are from the driveway.

Attached Files:

heavy hammer and BrotherBart like this.
  10. heavy hammer

heavy hammer
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jul 18, 2015
    Loc:
    Kirtland Ohio
    I figured about a cord and a half. With that ash beetle killing all the ash it has been a good year for getting wood. I probably have gotten over five cords just myself and probably another three for my parents. A friend of mine's parents wants all there dead ash removed now to. It's right down the road and easy work. If I needed the tractor it's that close to just drive it there. I don't really want the cold yet but I know it is not far away. I'm glad the tractor checked out, I do think mahindra makes a pretty good product. I think if you take care of it and follow the maintenance schedule and don't beat on it any equipement will last, regardless of brand. I'm glad the garage is going well once done that will be a game changer.

thewoodlands likes this.
  11. thewoodlands

thewoodlands
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 25, 2009
    Loc:
    It sounds like you'll be set for firewood for the future. Because of the EAB in our area this year, I'll start getting some ash this fall.

You can't beat your equipment and expect it to hold up. I worked out front around the garage for about two hours but came in after I was soaked, I did get a bunch of nails and screws picked up.

heavy hammer likes this.
  12. thewoodlands

thewoodlands
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 25, 2009
    Loc:
    I plan on using some of this coming into the new garage with gravel over top, I'll remove the bigger stones closer to the garage.

Attached Files:

heavy hammer and Lone_Gun like this.
  13. heavy hammer

heavy hammer
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jul 18, 2015
    Loc:
    Kirtland Ohio
    It's going to save you on fill. Is it a by step up into the garage?

thewoodlands likes this.
  14. thewoodlands

thewoodlands
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 25, 2009
    Loc:
    It's about six inches where you come in the man door but it will be about 2 or 3 tomorrow.

heavy hammer likes this.
  15. thewoodlands

thewoodlands
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 25, 2009
    Loc:
    Because of the rain today I didn't have the camera out but I did get dirt down all around the garage and then seeded it. If tomorrow is like today, I'll fill the roller up with water and use the rhino to roll what I did today. It actually turned out to be a nice day but since I got soaked early, I didn't go back in the house for the camera.

After I get done rolling it, I'll get some tarps out so I can clean them and then cover some wood once they're dry.

16. thewoodlands

thewoodlands
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 25, 2009
    Loc:
    It looks like tomorrow we'll get around 1.25 inches of rain so I'll be taking apart a work bench in the old garage so I can install it in the new garage. Saturday will be another day on the 4540 getting some dirt to finish (hopefully) the grading around the new garage.

17. thewoodlands

thewoodlands
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 25, 2009
    Loc:
    The workbench was taken apart and then moved down to the new garage, I should have it up by next Sunday. That opens up my wife's side of the garage pretty good so she's happy.

18. thewoodlands

thewoodlands
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 25, 2009
    Loc:
    I did use the 4540 backhoe to grade around the garage again, after that I pulled a small stump from an area that will get plowed this winter.

I also cleaned off two tarps so I can cover two 16 foot stacks of shoulder season wood tomorrow, the third stack is already covered. We usually start burning in our wood stove on September 15.

We have just over 622 hours on our tractor without any problems, it's just over two years old.

19. thewoodlands

thewoodlands
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 25, 2009
    Loc:
    I cleaned all our covers and then covered the shoulder season wood today, tomorrow our better hardwood for this winter will get covered.

After supper I moved an old stump out of one of my plow zones for this winter, after that I grabbed three smaller loads of a mixture of sand and dirt for next to our garage.

Attached Files: