Maine Wood Pellets $197 per ton

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tumbles said:
It's a seperate pellet made just from pine - 1OO% softwood. The regular MWP pellet is a 65% hardwood and 35% softwood. The Super Premiums have less than .05%ash and a little higher BTU's. I just think it's less cleaning and more heat for minimal money. I would be fine if I could only get the regular Maine pellets at they are really close in BTU output. I just reallly want to see if a super premium pellet is really worth the money. I will post as soon as I start burning.

i got 3 tons of the cabin bag...
really interested in the outcome of the super premium for a few bucks more.i'll be looking for your post with the results...
thanks roadking..

jdbell said:
Has anyone seen any Maine's Choice, Stove Chow or Somerset's in southeastern MA. I've only seen Green Supreme's (mwp) around here.

Was @ HD in S.Attleboro last eve. They have Stove Chow for $197 p./ton
Like a true pellet crazed blithering idiot I looked under the plastic and BEHOLD...someone had already torn a bag open! so I snaggged a sample to compare to last years Somersets. I fond the Stove Chow to be a hair larger in Diamer=ter and quite a bit darker. (see pic)
I wonder if this is due to the amount of bark/crud or if is just a difference in raw material.

Attachments

• pellets.jpg
    pellets.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 315
No, no pocket filling....jusrt a 3 or 4 pellet sample for comparison

I still laugh about las year when I went to HD and did my usual perouze of the englander models and found SMWilliamsons card in all of them!!! That's marketing genious!!

As far as the color goes, Some wood species are just darker than others. Bark in the mix is usually seen as specks in the pellet and it doesn't generally blend well or discolor the wood fiber.

Status
Not open for further replies.