Maine WOods Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well some good news for future pellet buyers. Just visited the maine woods pellet mill and found out they are making improvements. I was sent home with 12 bags of there newest batch of pellets and honestly they look 100% better then the stuff i was distributing earlier in the season. I just dumped 2 bags in last night so in a day or so i should be able to tell you if they are better or not. But they do look a lot better.

They better do something fast, the word is out.

645899 said:
pellet0708-

where did you find the Lignetics in Maine? Curious - we are located in the Portland area - hopefullly it is near us!! We tried Penningtons and WHAT A DIFFERENCE compared to the Athens. We had (and I measured) 6 cups daily buring 3 bags/day and not staying warm. With the Penningtons we used almost 2 bags/day - more heat - and could go up to 4 days without cleaning it. To us this was such a major change I can only image how the Lignetics are as seem to be #1.

Web search revealed that Forest Pride sold by Walmart are lignetics. They burn great and are very uniform in size.

compressedwoodsupplier said:
Well some good news for future pellet buyers. Just visited the maine woods pellet mill and found out they are making improvements. I was sent home with 12 bags of there newest batch of pellets and honestly they look 100% better then the stuff i was distributing earlier in the season. I just dumped 2 bags in last night so in a day or so i should be able to tell you if they are better or not. But they do look a lot better.

Should say for future marks of the Maine Wood Pellet company. What these people have done is nothing short of criminal. I myself will not be stung twice by this company. I hope them all the best...and the best for them would be chapter 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.