Maintenence

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoot23

Minister of Fire
Mar 28, 2012
Alfred, Me
Should I be lubing or oiling any parts on my stove after the burn season is over? And I've been seeing a lot of talk about the powdered graphite. What are it's uses? This is all for a p61a. Thx

Should I be lubing or oiling any parts on my stove after the burn season is over? And I've been seeing a lot of talk about the powdered graphite. What are it's uses? This is all for a p61a. Thx

while I do advocate using an oil in the burnchamber in an attempt to allay rust in the off-season, all of harman's motors have sealed bearings, so lubing wont really help you. If you have a motor thats making noise and a squirt of WD-40 works, its likely that motor or fan is "on its way out" and will need replacing at some point in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.