Majestic 136a gas insert questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ridgeline16

Dec 28, 2020
Hello,

I recently purchased a house that has what appears to be a converted wood burner to gas. I could see the manufacturer was Majestic and that the model was 136a. The fireplace was not operable when I took possession. When I asked the realtor I was told there was a "gas leak" so it was disconnected.

I wanted to get it running again so I started taking a look. It was clear to me that the fireplace indeed did not have a connected gas line running to the fireplace. I called a plumber who came and hooked gas up to the unit and we fired it up.

That being said, I now have a few questions about being safe with the fireplace.

I am assuming that I need to have the flue open when operating?

The best I can tell, I turn the blue valve and light with a lighter- much like a gas grill.

Anything I am missing or should be aware of?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

IMG-1443.jpg

IMG-1444.jpg

IMG-1447.jpg

IMG-1446.jpg

OK, a couple of points of clarification-

The model is a Majestic L36A. That is the model of the original wood burning fireplace.

I have no idea about the manufacturer of the gas insert.

Any suggestions or things to look out for would be appreciated.

Remove the logs and show us what your working with

I've never seen anything like that before. Everything I work on has a pilot safety. That being said it looks like you need to remove that grate vacuum the debris off the sand, and then replenish the sand nice and even and maybe cover with a layer of ember wool. I don't know what the exact log configuration is supposed to be, but it is definitely not how you have them.

I've never seen anything like that before. Everything I work on has a pilot safety. That being said it looks like you need to remove that grate vacuum the debris off the sand, and then replenish the sand nice and even and maybe cover with a layer of ember wool. I don't know what the exact log configuration is supposed to be, but it is definitely not how you have them.

Thank you.

It seems much like this system, no?