Majestic L36B Series Fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Woodburn Fireplace

Sep 18, 2018
Indiana
I have an L36B series Majestic zero clearance that is in very good condition, but need some help with having an installation manual for it. I have found several copies of the "L36A" series which was produced in the early 70's but not the "B" series that was produced in the late 70's. It appears to the same basic unit as most parts available state they use the same between them. Alternately, I would appreciate knowing what, if any differences there are between the two. I am looking to verify clearance requirements as well, since I will be cutting an access to the outside chase that is sided for the purpose of inspection of the integrity of the unit.
Thank you

I have an L36B series Majestic zero clearance that is in very good condition, but need some help with having an installation manual for it. I have found several copies of the "L36A" series which was produced in the early 70's but not the "B" series that was produced in the late 70's. It appears to the same basic unit as most parts available state they use the same between them. Alternately, I would appreciate knowing what, if any differences there are between the two. I am looking to verify clearance requirements as well, since I will be cutting an access to the outside chase that is sided for the purpose of inspection of the integrity of the unit.
Thank you
Are you planning on doing something different with the unit or just inspecting it to be sure it is safe to use? When i inspect them i usually take off the chase cover and go in from the top. It is much less work but takes some climbing.

Are you planning on doing something different with the unit or just inspecting it to be sure it is safe to use? When i inspect them i usually take off the chase cover and go in from the top. It is much less work but takes some climbing.

Just to inspect. I have replaced the chase cover with a new stainless steel custom fabricated cover, but you cannot see past a drywalled firestop at the ceiling level inside the chase.

Just to inspect. I have replaced the chase cover with a new stainless steel custom fabricated cover, but you cannot see past a drywalled firestop at the ceiling level inside the chase.
Ok then just checking. I couldnt find a manual either sorry.