Majestic Thulman L42A

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Hangten

May 18, 2023
Ucluelet
Majestic Thulman L42A fireplace.

After searching around it looks like this fireplace had issues with the metal chimmney rusting out. This is my issue.
Looking for a replacement chimmney or the dimensions to have one custom built.
I don't use this fireplace much, a handful of times a year so ripping it out and replacing it isn't an option right now.

20190415_145844.jpg

Check with Majestic. I don't know if the SK8 series chimney pipe can be used on this fireplace. If not, then there may not be an alternative replacement chimney pipe.

Thanks, I'm awaiting a reply from them. But I don't expect much as most companies don't deal with the old stuff anymore. The pipes are good its the prefab metal chimney that I need.

Last edited:
Safetywise a modern chimney pipe might work, but adapting it to mate securely and safely to the fireplace could be an issue. If the fireplace's outer shell relies on convective cooling via the chimney pipe, then there is no substitute. For this reason, definitely get a written endorsement for the alternative from the manufacturer.