Make of stove ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a Scandia low quality Jotul knock-off.

Jeez, what up with that part of CT? It looks like there are 3 of these Scandias for sale at this point on that Craigslist.

The stoves were made in Asia in a time when cast iron parts quality there was awful. If I recall correctly Jotul suceeded in getting them to quit making those cheap copies of the their stove. The stove in the picture must leak air like crazy because furnace cement has been smeared on the outside of pretty much every joint that you can see. At the very least it needs to be taken completely apart and rebuilt. Even Jotuls version is somewhat prone to cracking the side burn plates inside the stove. And if there are any damaged parts you are not going to find replacements.

Bottom line: I wouldn't light a fire in that stove in my pole barn, much less my house. And I have burned some pretty weird stoves in this house.

Webmaster said:
BB has it right.....I guess he is gonna have to raise a million or two and buy hearth.com someday.....

Heck no! When I can hang out here and babble for free?

BrotherBart said:
...I have burned some pretty weird stoves in this house.

Not to mention the stoves you've burned outside the house. The smokin' file cabinet still in business? Rick

fossil said:
BrotherBart said:
...I have burned some pretty weird stoves in this house.

Not to mention the stoves you've burned outside the house. The smokin' file cabinet still in business? Rick

Yep. Smoked a buncha chickens in it yesterday. I fire it a couple of times in the summer to load up the freezer with smoked meats.

stoveguy2esw said:
...i hope they didnt leave the door open too long or folks may be bidding on a puddle of slag

So far as I'm concerned, they already are, fire or no. Puddle, pile, what's the diff? :p Rick

fossil said:
stoveguy2esw said:
...i hope they didnt leave the door open too long or folks may be bidding on a puddle of slag

So far as I'm concerned, they already are, fire or no. Puddle, pile, what's the diff? :p Rick

at least at the time they took the photo's it was still shaped like a stove lol. best advice to the origional poster, IMHO look elsewhere. too many of my learned colligues agree the unit is not a quality product, i value their opinion so i support it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.