Man am I startin to like the KING!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SolarAndWood said:
HotCoals said:
Just leave the t-stat out of this..I'm talking blowers blowing across a stove with out a thermostat.

Yep, the tstat adjusting the air is the only reason this makes a difference. Without it, the stove would simply run cooler if you did nothing other than turn the fans on.

Or are you saying that you can't get the steel to transfer more heat just by blowing air over it?
No..you can get the stove to transfer more heat by blowing across it..I agree with that.
I guess a misunderstanding ..i was not including the t-stat in the experiment...which would be all most impossible to do with a BBK...maybe turned all the way up..but I don't want to melt my steel! lol.

The colder the room relative to the stove the more it will transfer also...but the fire won't change..without a t-stat anyways.

I love a hearty debate!
My wife says I'm a master debater!

Anyways since we do agree on the above situation..would you also agree that putting gallons of cold water on top a wood stove would not slow the fire down?

In a container of course.

Of course not, the tstat would compensate :lol:

HotCoals said:
I love a hearty debate!

Anyways since we do agree on the above situation..would you also agree that putting gallons of cold water on top a wood stove would not slow the fire down?

Slow a fire down, no.....cool the stove top off while the fire comes down to earth, yes.......I assume you're talking about a stove without a t-stat again in a thread about a BK stove which has a t-stat correct? :lol:

laff.gif

rdust said:
HotCoals said:
I love a hearty debate!

Slow a fire down, no.....cool the stove top off while the fire comes down to earth, yes.......I assume you're talking about a stove without a t-stat again in a thread about a BK stove which has a t-stat correct? :lol:
Just talking theory.

So you both agree that water on a stove will not change the fire in the stove then?
I doubt if the water deal would effect the t-stat ..but I suppose it could if there was maybe 100 galls of it..lol.

derailed. If anyone has something useful to add to this thread please let me know and I'll open it back up.

pen

Status
Not open for further replies.