Manual needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

CO361

Mar 9, 2021
EHT, NJ
I am looking for a manual or installation information for a Birmingham stove model 516U-DG. I was giving the stove and I’m attempting to use it in a garage which is a metal building but I am unable to figure out how to safety use this stove without a manual.

Is this an old stove? If so, no manual is likely to show up. Post some pictures.

I am looking or a copy of a manual for an Atlanta stoveworks 15-36 or some information on the door ender the oven door- ours is missing

You can make a clean out door from any steel plate. Do not use the stove with wood missing the cover. It will allow indoor air to rush into the exhaust cooling the chimney flue causing creosote.

I am looking or a copy of a manual for an Atlanta stoveworks 15-36 or some information on the door ender the oven door- ours is missing
To clean under and around oven from the missing door you need a scraper on a long rod, like wire handle with a 90* scraper on the end.

You can make a clean out door from any steel plate. Do not use the stove with wood missing the cover. It will allow indoor air to rush into the exhaust cooling the chimney flue causing creosote.
We don’t know the dimensions for the door- can anybody help? Or maybe someone has a picture of the stove with the door?

I am looking for a manual or installation information for a Birmingham stove model 516U-DG. I was giving the stove and I’m attempting to use it in a garage which is a metal building but I am unable to figure out how to safety use this stove without a manual.

I believe it is illegal to have a wood (solid fuel) appliance in a space that stores gasoline etc. So if you put a stove in there, get out your car, lawnmower, Jerry cans etc.

We don’t know the dimensions for the door- can anybody help? Or maybe someone has a picture of the stove with the door?
Measure the opening height, 2 inch flat stock should work. 1/4 inch thick mild A-36 steel. To get the correct radius I cold work on a piece of railroad rail.
To make your own cast parts is much more involved making a wood pattern of the original part and have a foundry cast it for you with iron if you don’t have use of a forge. A steel replacement cover is fine for a user stove compared to an all original collectible.