Manufactured wood / Firelogs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
While at my local Feed & Grain I saw they carried a fire-log called EZ Burn out of Canada. Figured to give them a go.

Basic statement, if you decide to try them, do as I did and burn as halves to see how they burn. Very hot and quickly. Even the maker states not to use more than 3 logs at one time.. I wouldn't even burn that many!

The run as follows:

Started the fire at 3pm. Used 2 halves lean-to with 2 pieces of FatWood. Started very quickly. Within the first 1/2hr of start-up, I added the third half and changed to a log cabin style (stacked) moving the lower pieces with an 1” apart. 15 minutes later latch the door with damper wide open. I have a fire! By the 1hr mark, door latched and closed the damper to half to get control of the flame. Notes: These burn very hot, but only last an hour per log. Just capped 300F on the flue, but never was able to get to full damper (a little better than half was it). Decent secondaries. They don’t expand, but they do break apart. Once they do, you have immense flames and the fire needs to be watched. This product is almost too dry.. This product is the most expensive so far for the 8hr burn test. Burn with care!