Mapocalypse

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

peakbagger

Minister of Fire
Jul 11, 2008
Northern NH
Time to drop some firewood from my potential house lot. The sap season was going to be starting and the snow pack is lot thinner than past years. I try to drop trees before they leaf out to reduce the hassle in brushing and the snow supports the logs so little or no pinching or cutting into the dirt. Most of my wood lot is diseased beech but if a house gets built its getting built in this slope. I leave the stumps high so I have leverage to pry yank on with the backhoe. I got a few good logs set aside but it was mostly to get the area clear. Even if I do not build, having this building lot cleared is money in the bank.
20230213_110654[1].jpg20230213_110814[1].jpg20230213_110810[1].jpg

Beech trees are beautiful and I spare them unless of course they are diseased which many large ones have become.

Stump removal is fun….not. Assuming you have a full size backhoe with all those stumps and a full size ex would be even better.