Marco 792760F Wood Fireplace insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

PA Stove 17

Nov 14, 2019
Saylorsburg, PA
Little did I know that our fireplace in our house has an insert. Just found out now. I see the button on bottom right to turn it on, but blows out soot, so obviously needs to be cleaned. Problem is, I cant tell how to get the grates off the top and bottom to clean without trying to unbolt the whole unit.

Anyone know?

Little did I know that our fireplace in our house has an insert. Just found out now. I see the button on bottom right to turn it on, but blows out soot, so obviously needs to be cleaned. Problem is, I cant tell how to get the grates off the top and bottom to clean without trying to unbolt the whole unit.

Anyone know?
The Marco model you listed is a fireplace not an insert. Are you saying you have an insert in that Marco fireplace or are you calling that fireplace an insert?

Have you had the whole system inspected for safety and functionality?

Then it is the fireplace itself. Don't even know who to call. When I bought the house 3 years ago, had it cleaned by a professional. Said it was in good shape.

Thought it was just a fireplace though, not a heating system. Just found the blower button and the outside air lever.

Would love to read up and do the research, but since Marco is out of business and I can't find a manuel, trying to figure the system out myself