MaryAnne the Tarm MB-30 gets her leak fixed.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aka.bugle

Hearth Supporter
Mar 25, 2008
Endless Mtns, PA
I bought her used in Maine. She's been a good lady. But judging from the amount of pitting around her DHW coil ports, she has always leaked a bit there. I bought the gaskets last year from Tarm and got around to put them in last week. FAIL! They still seeped, and tightening the plugs just split the gaskets and a bigger leak. Sooooo, again, drain the boiler back down, pull apart the doors, and pull off the DHW access plate. This time I decided to make my own gaskets, (Tarm parts are VERY expensive) I used some cork/rubber gasket material and a bit of red silicone. Wish us luck! 1477497444125-1548353109.jpg 14774975655481876642104.jpg

Reactions: hobbyheater
Status
Not open for further replies.