Massive wood score.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
Six Kenworth tri-axle dump truck worth, all oak, hickory shagbark, mockernut, pignut, locust, cherry, and walnut.
Doctor cleared 1 acre for a lake he's having dug, he didn't want the wood, the clearing company said we're in land clearing business not wood. I asked if he would dump it all 2 miles down the road, no problem, myself and a friend gave him $200 six trips to drive 24 miles round trip, once in a lifetime this puts me at 10 years easily. This was late April just about have it cut and split, more pics when complete. Doctor neurosurgeon has 28 acres of this type of trees.

1w.jpg 2w.jpg 3w.jpg 4w.jpg 5w.jpg 6w.jpg 7w.jpg

That's an impressive mix of firewood.

This is an awesome score. Here's hoping you have the space and time to sort it out and process it in a way that allows you to not have to hurt yourself in the process. Reminds me of a score I missed a few years back. When a government facility a mile and a half from my house had to clear over 60 large oak trees I missed connecting with the contractor by 48 hours..... They had a time performance component to their contract and they literally loaded the trees in semi trailer gravel units, drove the trees to one of their gravel pits and buried them.

Not only could I have used the wood..... I could have saved them thousands of dollars in hauling costs as they had a 14 mile round trip to where they buried the trees.

Time for the Lucky Dog pic.

Attachments

• lucky_dog.png
    lucky_dog.png
    121.4 KB · Views: 178
This is an awesome score. Here's hoping you have the space and time to sort it out and process it in a way that allows you to not have to hurt yourself in the process. Reminds me of a score I missed a few years back. When a government facility a mile and a half from my house had to clear over 60 large oak trees I missed connecting with the contractor by 48 hours..... They had a time performance component to their contract and they literally loaded the trees in semi trailer gravel units, drove the trees to one of their gravel pits and buried them.

Not only could I have used the wood..... I could have saved them thousands of dollars in hauling costs as they had a 14 mile round trip to where they buried the trees.
I work smarter not harder, will probably finish by mid July, every log cut, and every piece split. Anybody notice my buddies in the background, THX

Reactions: lowroadacres
I do not envy that shagbark hickory however. What a pain to split.

Nah, its not that bad...middle of the road stringiness I'd say...top of the heap BTU's though!

I'm in total agreement after splitting literally ton, the Fiskar axe has to cut the string on almost every round split, however as mentioned below the btu's are horrendous. Should finish all the hickory by weeks end, two massive white oak logs and done, not to bad in a little over two months.