Maximizing The Stove's Fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EPS

Burning Hunk
Jun 5, 2015
NH
I am guessing that our wood stove is pre 1993 but I could be wrong. Our house was a foreclosure so we received very little information from the previous owner. Anyhow, the stove comes equipped with a fan on the back of it. I tried to use it a few times last winter but it just seemed to make noise and not do anything for heating the house. Might I ask if anyone has tips for using wood stove fans and/or other ways of maximizing the heat output of this stove?

Can you give us a little more info on your stove?
I will, but it will have to wait until tomorrow as I am off to bed in a few minutes. (What should I tell you about the stove when I get to it?)

Most fans have the blower or squirrel cage locked onto the shaft with a set screw. Check to see if that set screw is loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.