MaxxM

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andyc

Feb 28, 2010
n.central ct
Ordered a MaxxM yesterday, should get to the dealer Monday or Tuesday. Putting the Austroflamm to rest after 18 years, hope I don't regret it. Anything I should pay attention to on the MaxxM.
Andy

Congrats on the new toy. Pictures once you get it up and running. ;)

I haven't heard of quirks with the Maxx M like the M55(exhaust leak issues). We have made a few tweaks to the burnpot to avoid the groaning(sounds like a beached whale) noises. Basically just adding a few more air holes to avoid the build up of carbon. Pretty sure you can follow my mod as the Maxx M will have the same liner as the Omega. Otherwise you could follow Wachusett instructions if the liner is like the M55's.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/89936/

Fresh cleaning start ups they do have an issue with pellets skipping out of the burn liner into the ash pan. Once it has ash in the areaSides of the liner) it seems to stop. Limit the cleanings to once a week and its not bad. A trick on a fresh clean start is to fill the area with some ash or make some side shields for the burn grate. See link.

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/m55-burn-pot-enhancements.74275/

Keep the agitator shaft lubed with some cooper never seez to reduce noise and parts from wearing too quickly. During your weekly cleaning schedule be sure to clean the shaft ends of ash. Then relude the shaft ends. I also clean the holes with a rag.

Hope these tips help, And you enjoy the new stove. :)

Thanks Jay for the links, I'm going to see how it goes first. To me the Austroflamm was just so simple to run.
Still not to sure if all the controls on MaxxM will be confusing and too much stuff to tinker with. I'm not going to use thermostat and plan on running it full time just like the Integra any suggestions. Just want to turn temp up during the night and turn down temp in the morning. Don't know about Hi/Lo stuff yet.
Andy

With the extra power the Maxx M will have, You might need the stat. Controls are easy peasy. Push the on button and set the heat level. The default trim settings are close for most pellet brands.

Hi/Lomode and stat will be good feature for you by the way you run. Set the stat higher for the night temps and it will go to high when needed. Set the temp lower for day temps and she will just idle on low fire. In case of any cold spells it will keep the set temp on the stat. Plus if you turn the temp up just before you get home. The house will be warm when you get there.

Make sure you set the damper by the book and most of the guess work will be eliminated! You only need to tweak the feed trim and that is easy too. If you need any tips? I'll be glad to assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.