May 19th & The PE Is Running....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dix

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
Going down to 40F here in Icy Hollow.

I refuse to let the OB kick in.

i'm in MA, doors and windows open.

I will be burning for a couple more days yet.raining and only 36.

May 19th & The PE Is Running....

Looks like I will be burning this weekend with highs near 50 and possible frost in the mornings. Had ice in the bird bath the other day!

Reactions: Dix and marty319
98 this weekend. winter is finally over!

Last edited:
Well we are getting heavy wet snow now,grrr

Looks like I will be burning this weekend with highs near 50 and possible frost in the mornings. Had ice in the bird bath the other day!

I've been to WI. Portage, in January, to look at a mare. The coldest I have ever been in my life!

aw heck it was a mild winter here in WI this last season. about 3 years back it did get a might cold-30F in my garage so outside still had the wind chill factor. this last season only a few days below zero. the ice storms were a bit nasty by me though.

Reactions: Dix
Sounds like tomorrow and Sunday are going to flip-flop and will be scorchers for you Dix.

Last edited:
here in MA we call it a "scorcha"!

aw heck it was a mild winter here in WI this last season. about 3 years back it did get a might cold-30F in my garage so outside still had the wind chill factor. this last season only a few days below zero. the ice storms were a bit nasty by me though.
Not up here. It’s been one of the coldest winters I can remember. Too many mornings below zero, hit -40 once and Spring took a long time to show up. We still had some snow and ice in spots for the fishing opener.

Not up here. It’s been one of the coldest winters I can remember. Too many mornings below zero, hit -40 once and Spring took a long time to show up. We still had some snow and ice in spots for the fishing opener.
A friend from Denver posted snow falling pics yesterday. 2 ft of snow is predicted for western CO!
Locally we are warming up finally. Tomorrow may hit 70º! Nights are still chill and the heat pump is providing the warmth.

Sounds like tomorrow and Sunday are going to flip-flop and will be scorchers for you Dix.

Yep.... refusing to turn on the AC before Memorial Day !!!

Garden is planted, however ;)

Reactions: begreen
Little nippy inside again this morning nc 30 crackling its way though a lite load of Boxelder.