McClary Triumph Cookstove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Hello all, I own a McClary Triumph cookstove. I am looking for a stove pipe that will connect from the stove to my chimney. I have attached pics of the stove and pipe connection. My chimney has a standard 6 inch stove pipe connection - any advice would be much appreciated

IMG_6271.jpgIMG_6273.jpgIMG_6272.jpg

What are the dimensions of the oval hole? Have you tried ovalizing one end of a 6" round pipe to see if that will fit?

I had a similar situation with a Comforter wood stove going from oval to round and spent a good deal of time and some money solving how to do it. Vermont Casting has a few ovals to round that were close and with some modifying they fit just OK. It was suggested to use a 7” round and fit it to the oval ,it fit much better. For giggles I used a piece of string and measured the oval ,used the length of string to measure against the round they were within a 1/16” of each other .I would think doing the same on your oval would be helpful in determining what size round would fit the best.
I used a ball peen hammer to fit it factory tight and nearly airtight a bit of refractory cement and it’s air tight.
Just and idea that I wish had thought of before buying 3 different ovals I thought would work.

I had a similar situation with a Comforter wood stove going from oval to round and spent a good deal of time and some money solving how to do it. Vermont Casting has a few ovals to round that were close and with some modifying they fit just OK. It was suggested to use a 7” round and fit it to the oval ,it fit much better. For giggles I used a piece of string and measured the oval ,used the length of string to measure against the round they were within a 1/16” of each other .I would think doing the same on your oval would be helpful in determining what size round would fit the best.
I used a ball peen hammer to fit it factory tight and nearly airtight a bit of refractory cement and it’s air tight.
Just and idea that I wish had thought of before buying 3 different ovals I thought would work.
thanks so much for the help - much appreciated. I will post an after pic when I get it sorted out