Measuring Draft On Double Wall Pipe With Baro Damper

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

velvetfoot

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Dec 5, 2005
Sand Lake, NY
I've seen numerous threads in the past on measuring draft, but I don't have the time right now to go through them all again. :) I have DVL double wall pipe out of the boiler going to a baro damper. Do I have to drill a hole through the double wall pipe? If so, how would I seal both layers afterwards? Can I just stick the probe down the upstream side of the baro damper?

As I recall, I've seen the permanently mounted Dwyer liquid models, Magnehelic, and digital models. I saw a digital model on Amazon for 60 bucks.

Is there usually a need for a permanently mounted unit?

Thanks for any help. Must get back down to basement.

There would be no reason to reseal the test hole in the outer layer. Make your outer hole large enough to fit the head of a screw past it when putting a screw in the hole to seal the inner layer. You could always leave the mano permanently mounted.

Status
Not open for further replies.