memco mw 100 building pressure

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FitzyD

Oct 22, 2008
Livermore, ME
I reciently installed a memco mw100 wood boiler using my oil boiler as back up. My wood boiler is building pressure and I can't seem to find the source. I have replaced both my expansion tanks with new, I have an extrol 30 on my oil boiler and extrol 60 on the mw100. When my oil boiler is running alone, the pressure is at or around 15lbs. When I fire up my wood boiler the pressure starts to rise with the temp to aprox 22-24 lbs and stays there. I have ruled out any leaks on my domestic water coils and any issues with my fill regulator. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is this normal?

Thanks, FitzyD

My Jensen that is tied to my oil boiler also raises the pressure when I build a fire. I'm not sure if it's normal, but it too does it.

I did add another expansion tank and the pressure dropped down to around 20 lbs. Heating well and no other problems. Maybe this is normal! Thanks for the reply.

FitzyD

This is normal, you will see 5-10 psi rise. By the way my parents have a Memco 100 that they have been running hard 33-34 years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.