Menards Premium Wood Pellet

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jodalton5

Sep 27, 2018
Southern Illinois
Anyone have experience with Menards Premium Bag?
Menards® SKU: 6408282 175$ a ton with the 11% Sale.

• 40 pound bags (50 bags per pallet equals 1 ton)
  • Independently tested to meet and/or exceed standards for "Premium Pellets" as set by the Pellet Fuel Institute (PFI)
  • Low moisture, fines and ash content
  • Burns long and hot for a consistent, predictable and clean-burning performance
  • Brand may vary
  • Made in the USA\
Says that brand may very so a lot could depend on where and when these where purchased but still want to get general feedback on these.
Thanks for feedback.

• Independently tested to meet and/or exceed standards for "Premium Pellets" as set by the Pellet Fuel Institute (PFI)
  • Burns long and hot for a consistent, predictable and clean-burning performance
  • Brand may vary
  • Made in the USA\
Says that brand may very so a lot could depend on where and when these where purchased but still want to get general feedback on these.
Thanks for feedback.

Menards around WI sell Marth Hardwood pellets, used 5 tons last year burned OK, this year have 6.5 tons Heartland Soft got it for 225 a ton

Marth -made in WI or used to be any way as I believe they sold or were bought out recently.

• Brand may vary
  • Made in the USA\
Thanks for feedback.
I also live in Illinois. the last couple of years I've bought my pellets from Menards. They usually have Somersets, you absolutely want these pellets.

Thanks guys. Menards in Mt. Vernon and Marion now have Somerset bags instead of the "premium pellet" labeled bags.
I just picked up a couple ton. With the 11% off and the volume price ended up and 173$ a ton plus tax. Don't think you can beat that with a bat.