All Other States MENARD'S SOFTWOOD PELLETS

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Icemanxxxv

Oct 20, 2014
Smithville MO USA
Living in Kansas City my options are limited for pellets. Last year I bought 5 tons from the local Sutherland's Hardware and was less then satisfied with the product. Low heat output lots of ash and fines. So it is back to Menard's this year! Right now they have their softwood pellets for the same price as there hardwood. I don't know a thing about the softwoods as they only sell them by tho ton and do not have any on the floor to investigate. If anyone can shed some light on these pellets I would appreciate it. I'll try to get more information as soon as I am to get a UPC label code.

They are Marth Wood Shaving Supply Softwood. What Is your take at 220 per ton. Any feedback would be appreciated. Prices are up this year so I'm thinking of running a 50/50 mix pellet and corn in my Accentra this season

Yeah I got 2 tons of Sumerset Hardwood and 1 ton of Menards Softwood. they were delivered yesterday. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with the Marth Softwood Pellets. Cleaned the stove today. Ready for another season!

Yeah I got 2 tons of Sumerset Hardwood and 1 ton of Menards Softwood. they were delivered yesterday. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with the Marth Softwood Pellets. Cleaned the stove today. Ready for another season!
Marth fall into the lower segment of pellet quality. Low heat and high ash.

Oh well live and learn. Maybe they will burn better than in the past, but not really my luck. Burning the Sumersets right now. Might start in on the Marth softwoods while it is not as cold.

Oh well live and learn. Maybe they will burn better than in the past, but not really my luck. Burning the Sumersets right now. Might start in on the Marth softwoods while it is not as cold.
Have you had any issues with the Somerset pellets? I got a pallet this year from the Menards in Olathe and they've been horrible! Last year they were great, but not the case this winter. It's almost like the moisture content is extremely high. Hope you have had better luck than I have.

The Somerset pellets I got this year were pretty good. Albeit the did produce some clinkers. The heat output was good fines were low. I was ablevto get two tons of Lignetics from the St Joe Menards to finish out the season. The Marth soft woods are not worth the time or money. Lots of fluffy ash that gets every where heat output is lower then the Somersets. Only have 12 bags of the Marth left. The stove clean before the switch over to the Lignetics is going to be a pain.

This years Somersets seem to be a mix. I got 6 ton from my local Menards, Massillon Ohio. All 6 put out the heat, as always. But 3 of my 6 ton are terribly ashy! The other 3 ton are burning pretty clean. As I said, heat has always been good. With the ashy ones I have to dump the ash pan once a week. With the cleaner burning ones, I get at least two weeks, which is quite good for a hardwood pellet. Never burnt Menards softwood pellets. Reviews aren't that good and they seem to be special order at most stores. I use their app to keep track of store stock and to know when they get more in stock. Like to buy fresh pellets. Last ton's born on date was the day before I bought them.