Menomonie, WI destination...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chvymn99

Minister of Fire
Nov 20, 2010
Kansas
Will be heading up to the college up there this week for some training. Any good eating locations or got to see items up there?

Member Todd lives just east of there. You might try sending him a message. Doesn't look like he's been on recently.

I've only been to UW-Stout once (1980), and I'm pretty sure that the statute of limitations is up on anything that I did during a drinking weekend
in the dorms while visiting a friend. We never got to the (small) town for food or to see the sites.

LOL. Oh the college days, so fond in the mind. Ok, I didn't know if any members where up that way that knew a good place to eat or go.

I forget how far north Menominee is, as i am a michigander, but in iron river (mi), maybe 20 minutes from the border, there is a pizzeria called riverside that has good pizza.

You are still quite a distance bmblank. I'd bet you have some good pizza really close to you.

You are still quite a distance bmblank.
From Menomonie, WI or Menominee, MI? ==c
Family friends had a couple cottages in MI on the Menominee River that we used to visit from time to time. The guy was quite the outdoorsman, and us kids learned a lot from him. They had all kinds of artifacts hanging on the walls of the cottages that they had hauled out of the river over the span of a couple of generations. They were Finns, so they naturally had a wood-fired sauna (sow-na, not saw-na.) ==c We'd roast ourselves, then go jump in the river. The days spent there are some of my fondest memories. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.