Metal shed roof

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a used shed with metal roofing.
How can I seal some old holes ..?
Is there a tape to use?

And if you ever have a screen door and need a boat, you're all set!

maxresdefault.jpg

Or if you want something you know will work put a screw through a small piece of rubber and screw it into the hole.

There is a silver roof coating that comes in 5 gal buckets. I think its made for trailers and rv's. . Its thick so it wont drip through much before it sets up.

I found this @ Lowe's
Flashing_zpskz4k9yfo.jpg

I just need it to cover screw holes that fall were there not needed
That happens when you try to reuse old things.
Thanks

You need to be careful what you use . Bituminous products are not compatible with most elastrometric products. Once you use the old roofing tar type stuff sold for years on end for mobile homes and RV units you can't go back unless you can get every little crumb of that stuff off. The TV add product is not much different than other products that have been on the market for quite some time. ( and I will bet it is more expensive than those also) They are the better choice- longer lasting and flex with the expansion contraction of metal roofing products

Just screw holes? A bit of rtv and put a screw back in the hole. Or you can get gasketed roofing screws and just put those in.

Status
Not open for further replies.