MF Nova

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bundy150

Feb 21, 2021
Texas
I'm considering installing a Nova 1 or2. This is a fairly new stove made of 3/16" steel. Simple to use, no draft controls and efficient. If you add an outside air intake you could put a damper inside the intake line and control the air, so some mods are possible. How well do you think these stoves will hold up? Any user out there please chime in with your opinions.

It's only been out a couple of years, so too early to tell. It has a great warranty and I suspect in TX it could last a lifetime. @Woodfire2019 has one.

The Nova being only 3/16" thick steel is one of my major concerns. I've seen heavier 1/4" stoves crack along the bends. Maybe this isn't a problem with the Nova, but it does concern me.

I'm curious about the 3/16" steel comment - I haven't heard that concern.

Hello. We haven't had any steel problems. The firebox is also lined with insulation board and bricks.

PS - sorry I missed the message

I'm curious about the 3/16" steel comment - I haven't heard that concern.
3/16" steel has been used in several stoves without issue.

What are your burn times?
We burn through the night. There aren't flaming logs in the morning, but we have hot coals and just throw wood into the stove then. We haven't pushed it to see how long of burn times we can get I guess