Mice in wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I did the water bucket. I got two mice and no more. Those YouTube videos are bogus. The have poison now that claims no secondary damage will occur. I'll stick to poison. It's the best thing that I've tried next to the cat, but the coyotes got the cat.
My friend owns an exterminator company and will ask him since never heard of that option.

Bucket trap works well, it’s all in how you use it. My neighbor and hunting buddy where I grew up has a farm and have seen the results first hand with him using it on chipmunks in his garden and mice in his barn. He’s 70 and has been using it before there were YouTube videos.

Havahart trap also works great for chipmunks. That is what I use in my garden since they were destroying my tomatoes plants last season.

I have an old house that is a constant battle to make sure I stay ahead of "sealing" to make sure no mice sneak into the house. I bought a "rat zapper" as my indoor cats are useless. As far as in the wood piles I live right in a small city with lots of neighborhood cats around. They keep them out of the wood piles fine. That doesn't help the one bat I unearthed while bringing in firewood one year! I screamed and ran like a little girl when that thing came to life!!😄

Reactions: Wildflush
I have an old house that is a constant battle to make sure I stay ahead of "sealing" to make sure no mice sneak into the house. I bought a "rat zapper" as my indoor cats are useless. As far as in the wood piles I live right in a small city with lots of neighborhood cats around. They keep them out of the wood piles fine. That doesn't help the one bat I unearthed while bringing in firewood one year! I screamed and ran like a little girl when that thing came to life!!😄
I hear you! My wife has a snake phobia and my fear is one is living in a hole in a nice large split or round for my night burns and starts slivering across the floor after I bring it in the house. I’m sure I would be sleeping in my truck if that happens!