Mill wood - stacking and drying

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

shoot-straight

Minister of Fire
Jan 5, 2012
Kennedyville, MD
got a line on a bunch of mill ends- wood blocks of varying sizes. They are all square-ish though. The issue is you can't just stack them without some sort of air gap. Right now I am mixing them with split cordwood so I get some airflow. Any other ideas?

It's really nice stuff, and the price is right.

Put in an open, covered crate, like IBC crate. I've been putting cut-offs, uglies and shorts in a couple IBC crates. Just throw in a jumble. Wood chunks dry within a season.

I take some railroad tie ends home from work once in a while. . what I like to do is just stack them somewhere like jenga blocks but leave a gap to air to get it. the downside to that is that it takes up more room