Milly La Nordica cookstove primary air

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Morso1bo

Burning Hunk
Mar 6, 2011
western new hampshire
Hi, I am in my second season of using this cookstove and still have a few questions after re-reading the manual. I have been starting the stove with both secondary and primary air controls wide open, than comp closing the primary after 20 minutes. I than operate stove with secondary control wide open. The flu temperature drops to below 300F when the oven function is engaged, leading to some creosote build up. The owners manual states that the primary should be opened a little to ensure combustion, and at other times it says it should be closed when stove is fully burning. Thanks for any advice!

3517B54D-B56D-407F-AFBC-0924DEF4857A.jpeg