mineral wool question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hma

Mar 17, 2012
Ohio
Planning on insulating my ss liner with mineral wool wrapped in chicken wire. Is there a risk of it catching fire in the flue? How hot does the liner get ? The wool is rated to 1200 deg. Thx

Basically looking to see if I need to upgrade to 2100 deg ceramic wool. Looking at what others on the board have installed. Thanks

Yeah, that is where i got my pipe kit, but can't stomach the cost of the insulation. Called and they said it was Alkaline Earth Silicate. Looks like i can get the ceramic wool blankets locally that are rated ti 2100deg, same as the earth silicate. If I get my pipe up to 2100, I'm in trouble anyways:)

Status
Not open for further replies.