Miracles of the correct auger motor.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Smokinbubba

Burning Hunk
Nov 30, 2019
Central Ohio
amazing what happens when you put the correct rpm auger in your englander. I thought my stove was running properly but boy was i wrong. I was constantly turning my stove off when the house temp creaped up to near 80deg. Then restarting when house dropped to 65deg. Stove never really turned down enough. Just replaced my 2rpm factory installed top auger with an avery gleason 1rpm and now the stat actually works. Amazing the difference.
my advice, if your 2016-2019 englander is running you out of the house. Time your top auger. You may be surprised what you find.

Winter finally arrived here. Its in the teens now. I just thought since temps were in the 30's that the house would simply overheat on its lowest setting and lowest trim setting. Wrong again. With the correct auger motor, my house is 71deg and outside temp is 14deg. Stove is on 7heat when stat calls for heat. Im on "d" mode With the 2rpm motor, it would be 76 and climbing set on lowest setting.

1/2 bag with an 8hr burn. Outside temp is 13deg. Stove is set on 7heat 7 fan. Bottom 3 magic numbers 4-4-1. House is 70-71deg running on the stat. Fan is blowing 165deg air on 7/7. With the 2rpm motor, I was getting 165deg air on 5/5.
May tweak the air trim if my 24hr burn inspection indicates clinkers vs fine ash.
I think if I see outside temps below 0degf, I may change to mode "C" . But for now, I am satisfied. I really think a 1.25rpm auger motor would be ideal...