Missing parts ? VC resolute 1979?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Trinaj

Feb 22, 2015
Brookline nh
Hello . I recently aquired this resolute and realized its to small for my house . I'm going to try and sell it . I know nothing about this stove . Is the interior missing something ? There's no grate or ash box .
If you can tell me anything about this stove is appreciate it .
Thanks image.jpegimage.jpeg

No grate, just fill up to the ribs on the floor with sand and build your fire on that. Over time the sand will be replaced by ash through use. some guys will lay a few firebrick splits into those channels, which works just as well too, as those gaps will just fill with ash...

I burned only hardwood in mine for years, then switched to Envi logs. With both, just a fine layer of ash on the bottom, then fire away.

I recently aquired this resolute and realized its to small for my house
If you provide more details about your house, I can help you with that info. The Resolute provides an amazing amount of heat. I had one for 30 yrs.

...and he does. He just helped me out with a flue collar and blanking plate. Though used, they look new....

Just make sure of which version of Resolute you might have.

Cheers

Actually, I need the entire bottom piece. From diagrams, I think its part #1. Mine is cracked. Near the front left leg. When you light a fire, crack expands. Im being told the bottom is all one piece...what do you have? :)

TE="defiant3, post: 2051200, member: 16426"]What do you need Lisa, I may very well have it?[/QUOTE]
Actu

Well, that's good news. Before we make arrangements though, can you send me some good pics? It would be easiest for me if you could text them to my cell...can you do that easily? My number is 860-212-1936...

Also, what are you asking for it?

THANKS

I definately can, but I'm not in the shop tomorrow so it would have to be Thursday morning. Res. bottom $150.00, usually about $40.00 or so to ship. Thanx, be watching for pic.s Thurs.

Cool website !

I have an original resolute but it does not have any serial number on it. Is it stamped somewhere and I've just found it yet? Also been searching for a heat shield for the rear and bottom as I believe these could have them added but I'm struggling to even find a parts diagram for this. It doesn't have any grate or anything so I'm sure its one of the first runs and it has the drop door. I know my first post but its my 3rd VC wood stove.