Mod to overide the four blink status on Harman Board when using a thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was sent to me from a customer from someone else, thought I'd share.

This might help you visualize how simple it is. Set the room temp on the stove - set the night temp on the adjustable resistor - (by trial and error) - and forget it.
As for a high temp burn - you will get that in the morning when the stove comes back on high to heat the house back up from the night setting.

Attachments

• Harman  mod for thermostat.jpg
    Harman mod for thermostat.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 499
Great info for the Harman peeps.

Thanks for your contributions Scott and Bob.

The credit needs to go to Bob H of Alton NH (603BOB). He is the genius that sent it to me

Did the same thing but instead of a time clock I used a 7 day programmable thermostat. Thermostat is simply used to open and close the loop for the trimmer. The information was well documented here on this site somewhere. Can do a search to find it.

smwilliamson said:
As I thought, it was already on here. I just felt guilty holding on to a diagram you all should see.

Glad you posted it! I was possitive someone was going to ask for a print for us all to see. This thread will also help those that come searching for a cure! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.