Model 6500 HELP "Return Air"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should it be 10" or can be smaller?

If look at my install pictures at beginning of this post, I will need to pull my furnace out---attach the box and put the vent pipe horizontal to go into my cold air return? Does that look or sound right? Can it be flexible venting?

I remember ready your other posts on the 6500. Was the reason for contacting US Stove works because you though it was using too much fuel?

There should be static pressures for the duct work that should be met. Otherwise the motor on the convection blower will do what Smokey said earlier (too little and motor freespins causing the motor to prematurely burn up or to much and there is a higher load put on the motor causing it to overheat and burn up) If the static pressure isnt in the manual, then contact USSC again and ask what is the suitable size and length of the run. As for the size, some furnaces are different. Mine uses 10" in and 10" out. Yours may ne different.

My Fahrenheit is not to exceed .47" IWC static pressure.

J

Oh yes we were burning 3-4 bags per day in 50 degree weather. Finally someone helped with adjusting my feed rates, auger, draft fan speed and draft fan numbers so think have that under control

Status
Not open for further replies.