Moisture meter problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JimBear

Minister of Fire
Dec 15, 2017
Iowa
Anyone else have any problems with the readout on this type of moisture meter

9004CFE3-C001-4BC5-821D-21E2193A887B.jpeg

Last edited:
Well we don't want you to think that no one cares here on Hearth!

I would first check the battery. I've seen weird things with LCD displays as the battery starts to get weak. If it's not the battery, I think that puppy is broken. Still under warranty?

Well we don't want you to think that no one cares here on Hearth!

I would first check the battery. I've seen weird things with LCD displays as the battery starts to get weak. If it's not the battery, I think that puppy is broken. Still under warranty?
Battery was my first thought but it didn’t make any difference. I just bought another one @ Menards for $9 but I will get a different one later I don’t like the small readout on the new one. Thanks.

I figured you'd have checked the battery, but thought I'd throw that out there.

Sometimes you just have to spend a little money to get things moving again.

I burned an old VC Defiant for almost 40 years and didn't even know what a moisture meter was. :eek: Now that I have a new EPA stove - I would not be without it! Like everyone, my goal is to be several years ahead on wood, so that I won't even need one, but that's still a year away.

Reactions: JimBear