Monolithic slab?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doug crann

Nov 28, 2013
eastern washington
In the head scratching stage of our upcoming nightmare, building a small home. Wondering about a mono pour for the slab. We are in Eastern Washington, last I asked the building department they said it was legal. From what I understand the cost is significantly lower than the multi pour method, any thoughts?

I poured a mono slab for my garage 24'X32' 24" footings most of the way but one corner is 42". I built on a grade and had to hit virgin soil and that was 42" Rebar and fiber mesh and still holding strong after 9 years. I also did a 2 block rat wall most of the way the back has 5 due to the grade. Do it and don't look back.

Status
Not open for further replies.