more help please!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rsting

Oct 8, 2014
granby, mo.
Ok, just when I thought I had this stove all whipped, I'm stuck. HOW do you get an elbow to fit in the stove opening? I've installed several stoves over the years, but I've never had this much trouble. A six inch pipe just will not go into it, or over it. I've tried all my tricks, crimping, bending the flange on the pipe, even slitting it so it would shrink down. All I did was ruin one elbow and one connector. HELP! I'm going nuts on this one!
Oh, I guess I should say it's on a mama bear.

Well, finally got it. I'll pass along what I learned in case someone else can use it. What I finally did was to flare the very end of the pipe, then take a file a bevel the flange on the back of the stove just a little. Greased them both , and hit it with a rubber mallet. Took a couple of light hits to center it, then went all the way to the stove. Done!

Reactions: wpgibson
Status
Not open for further replies.