More question from the trailer guy with the new F3 Jotul

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JPapiPE said:
I can laugh at myself for my impulsiveness. I look at it as a lesson in life...."to slow down, do your research first...and then buy, and if i make mistakes along the way ...so be it. I am human and that definition gives me the right to fail. But this time I'll get it right.
Joe

Wanna buy two new saw chains that arrived in the mail yesterday that are two links too short for my saw. Because I pulled the trigger too fast trying to get a good deal?

JPapiPE said:
Thanks men and women of this forum. I have been walking around with my head hung low these past couple of days feeling like chump. I did call the seller in an attempt for him to take back the stove , but he is incummunicato on the subject. It's only money and as we know money comes and goes. I'll get what I need in the end, even if I have to lose some couple of hundred bucks. I guess it's just my personallity to try to address each problem as it comes up. But a couple of hundred never made or broke anyone. I'm a lazy burner and can't be bothered to rechop alrerady chopped wood. I'm like that popeil guy on TV who's claimis set it and forget it. I can laugh at myself for my impulsiveness. I look at it as a lesson in life...."to slow down, do your research first...and then buy, and if i make mistakes along the way ...so be it. I am human and that definition gives me the right to fail. But this time I'll get it right.
Joe

Post it on Craiglist for $1100 and at worst someone will talk you down to your break-even price. Take the cash and buy something else that better fits your surroundings/needs.

People buy and 'flip' cars all the time to make a little money in an effort to 'step-up' to the vehicle they really want.

JPapiPE said:
...I am human and that definition gives me the right to fail. But this time I'll get it right. Joe

We're all human, Joe. And we've all tasted the bitter flavor of failure. Try again...no guarantee you'll get it "right" even on the next try, but you don't sound to me like the kind of guy who's gonna just sit down and stop trying. You'll figure it out. Rick

If you wait until fall, you might even make a few bucks Joe. Look at this as a possible investment opportunity.

In the meantime, what would be your ideal stove for price, burntime, heating, looks, etc. I recommended the 13NC because I think it is one of the best deals for your size place in your climate when you have a tight budget. But it's not the only option. If looks are important, and a steel box stove hurts your eyes, then maybe another stove should be recommended.

As for the hearth, plan on building it yourself to save a couple hundred. The flue will need to be done safely, so not too much latitude on price there, but I would get a stove that works well with a short stack because it will help reduce the flue costs and I'm guessing you don't want to have to put a braced tower on a relatively low-pitched roof.

So as far as stove choice this may be a case of form following function. And warmth when it's -20 outside is mighty beautiful. Regardless of stove choice start accruing at least 4 cords of split wood asap.

Hi!!! I live in Maine, too and want to buy it!!! I've been looking for that exact stove to fit into a fireplace!!! Please e-mail me!!! Thanks, Patti

ooops-- I hope it's okay to do this here-- just found this site. Anyway, my e-mail is (EDIT by moderator) if you'd like to sell it. Thanks, Patti

hi patti,

though its perfectly acceptable to inquire in a thread as you have done , usually the best way for a person to get in touch especially with a bit older post is to send a PM by clicking the pm box under the avatar this will send the person you wish to contact an e mail message and will be lit up in the PM box when he enters the forum. that way you do not have to put your e mail out in the public view if you do not wish to. hopefully he still has the Jotul. it really is a neat little stove.
oh, and by the way , Welcome to the Hearth. its a wonderful community.

Patti, I hope you don't mind, but I edited out your e-mail address, just so's it's not hangin' out there. BTW, the original poster who talked about wanting to get rid of the stove in Maine is no longer a registered member of this forum. The discussion you found was going on about 5 months ago. Good luck! Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.