Morso 2 install, Supplies needed for flue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Vater

Oct 29, 2022
Virginia
Greetings, I purchased a Morso 2b classic. Now I am looking in to the cost of part to install. To say the least I am shocked that I am projected to spend 3 times the cost of the stove on the installation.

1. Can someone give me some education on the most cost effective installation and parts?
2. Can you provide URLs to a website that sell the flue materials? I have been on northern tool and tractor supply but was wondering if there is a website with good prices that I am unaware of.

Do you need to have a hearth if you have a ceramic tile floor?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, prices have gone up sharply in the stove industry. Download the installation manual from the chimney pipe manufacturer. There are good instructions for the parts needed. https://woodstovepro.com/ has good pricing and selection. Give them a call.

Do you need to have a hearth if you have a ceramic tile floor?
This stove needs ember protection only. If the tile floor is grouted then it should be sufficient.