Mount Vernon A&E pellet stove insert not firing up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rjbowler

Oct 29, 2018
Virginia
Good morning I just bought a used pellet stove insert a mount Vernon got it all hooked up programmed thermostat kicked it on and ran perfect all night got up this morning and it was out of pellets filled hopper with pellets put a cup of pellets in burn pot hit restart on thermostat igniter kicks on starts to burn pellets then shuts down and goes into clean mode tried restarting 3 times doing the same thing I notice no pellets coming out of feeder any idea what could be wrong ?

Good morning I just bought a used pellet stove insert a mount Vernon got it all hooked up programmed thermostat kicked it on and ran perfect all night got up this morning and it was out of pellets filled hopper with pellets put a cup of pellets in burn pot hit restart on thermostat igniter kicks on starts to burn pellets then shuts down and goes into clean mode tried restarting 3 times doing the same thing I notice no pellets coming out of feeder any idea what could be wrong ?

RJ, you'll need to ascertain whether or not the anger is turning or if you have a long pellet lodged into feed routs. I've got an AE, circa 2011, not an insert. I know that if i run it out of pellets it takes at least to tries to get the pellets from the hopper to the burn pot. Just fired mine up last week. Fill hopper, put a handful of pellets into the burn pot and start. Had to do that twice before the pellets made the journey. Did you have the stove serviced in the Spring? Maybe a technician knocked a wire loose. Couple of years ago, I could not fire up my stove for first time in heating season. Found both igniter wires loose. Will never convince me that this was an accident. I think it was done to force a service call but that's another story. Good luck.

Reactions: kappel15
If auger is not turning, try jumping vac switch wires together, being careful not to ground them out on stove. If auger starts turning, there are a number of things to check. Get back to us. kap