Mount Vernon AE Pellet Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

sgmhill24

Oct 11, 2019
USA
I just purchased a Refurbished mount Vernon AE pellet stove, new user. I working getting good pellets which is hard where I live. Menards is my only choice. Any suggestions? Also working on getting the best heat from this stove on flame height and settings. Any information that you might have to get the best heat and this stove working the most efficiently would be greatly appreciated.

Buy a few bags of every brand around and see which one burns the cleanest. Stay away from pellets that are longer than 1”. Clean behind the baffle and down in the channels on the bottom back of firebox at least once a month. Unplug the stove when not in use for long periods and run it on a surge protector.

What "Overfire" says is spot on. I've owned my MVAE since 3/2011 and has been a real work horse. During winter I run it flat out 24/7. During that time I clean it weekly removing the baffle and vacuuming everything including the channels OF is referring to. About every month or so I pull the combustion blower, vacuum everything I can get to and also shove my vac hose up the vent pipe through the clean out. Treat it right and it will really perform. BTW, don't skimp on the surge protector. A new control board d is about $700.00 and change. Good luck.

Reactions: kappel15