Mount Vernon Non AE pellet usage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmountvernon

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2011
SE Mass
1 bag 18 hours on low setting does that sound right ? thermostat set at about 72 but it pretty much runs all the time to keep up i guess. This was over night so i really dont know how much it went on and off but im thinking it ran constantly

sounds ok, I put in a bag every day. I typically use around 4 ton per year, I usually start burning sometime in mid to late October and end in late April early May. i run it in auto mode set at 74, which keeps the house at 72 because when it reaches 2 degrees before the set temp on auto, it ramps down and keeps running, saving the ignitor.

That sounds about right. I average a bag a day in Jan to Feb depending on the temp outside. Some brands burn faster some burn slower. I burn on manual MH. We have a 2 story colonel, What work for me is get the down stairs hot (78-80) and let the heat rise to the second floor. Maintaining a higher temp does not seem to use a lot more pellets.

If you don't have the battery cable for the stove I would suggest getting it with a agm marinia battery. Ran all day yesterday on battery while I got the generator going. With 10 inch snow on the ground and no power it was great to have heat.

globewyre said:
That sounds about right. I average a bag a day in Jan to Feb depending on the temp outside. Some brands burn faster some burn slower. I burn on manual MH. We have a 2 story colonel, What work for me is get the down stairs hot (78-80) and let the heat rise to the second floor. Maintaining a higher temp does not seem to use a lot more pellets.

If you don't have the battery cable for the stove I would suggest getting it with a agm marinia battery. Ran all day yesterday on battery while I got the generator going. With 10 inch snow on the ground and no power it was great to have heat.

I don't think the Non AE MV can run on 12v DC

Status
Not open for further replies.