Mouse took down my very reliable BioWin 210

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Galroc

Jan 7, 2008
Hubbardston
It has been a while since I have been on this forum. My BioWin 210 has been very reliable for the past 5 winter seasons. No reason to post..lol.

It was installed by Marc Caluwe back in 2016 I think, @PassionForFire&Water

We had some initial issues after installation due to not properly purging air out of a split heating zone but once past that, the pellet boiler has been great.

I just attempted to fire up the BioWin yesterday but the display had nothing.

I checked the low water cut off and it was fine.

It turns out that a mouse got inside the control box and decided to make a nest and chew through a few wires of a 4 wire ribbon cable that went to the display. 😟

I cut the bad section out, and soldered the ribbon cable back together and Boiler is now working. 😌

There are a few ways that mice can enter the control box area.....bummer.

1637533911338.png

Dirty vermin bastages...hates them meeces to pieces!

Reactions: Galroc
Mouse do a lot of damage sometimes.
The teeth of mice are constantly getting bigger. They are therefore forced to gnaw constantly to shorten their teeth. They tackle everything: furniture, insulation materials and electrical cables. Gnawing cables can cause short circuits and, in the worst case, fires.

They are terrible and it seems all the newer car insides they like and people told me--do not know whether this is true--that the older cars they do not like the wires because of how they were made..Just saying here...but they sure can do a lot of damage once they get inside of something..clancey