Mower trouble

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I have some hours on the new clutch, I think mine was going bad for at least a year. Starting up the mower deck would stall the engine at any less than 70% throttle, and it started so abruptly that it once threw the mower deck belt off the right spindle sheave. However, the new clutch has a much softer engagement, and I can now start the mower deck below 50% throttle.

There is usually (but not always) a burnishing or break-in procedure for new clutches. Could be worthwhile. ;)

Reactions: Ashful
Yep.... did that. 10 seconds on, 10 seconds off, 10 times, mower deck drive connected, but no load (mowing) on deck.

Reactions: MasterMech
Status
Not open for further replies.