Mrs. Krabappel!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love it

I've seen this, but it's still funny.
Wife's a teacher, ex sis-in-law too, and know more.
My Grandmother on my mother's side was a teacher WAYYYYYY back in the late 20's/early 30's, and had the same problems.
Seems to be a common lament among teachers.

Reactions: ScotO
couldn't be more true than that! How true, and that is a sad thing.....
My favorite line of all was at the end of the message...."if you want this in another language, move to a country that speaks it....."
Excellent!

To be fair, 100% of my parents want the best for their children, even when they do not always do the best for their children. Overall I have parents who are very supportive of me. When I experience otherwise, it's often easy to pinpoint their frustration and it rarely has to do with me.

The hispanic parents are THE BEST!! They come from a culture that highly values teachers, and they are so supportive. The teacher is always right! They also come from a culture that values family and community. In my 11 years of teaching I've been invited to numerous birthday parties, quinceaneras, and graduation parties by my hispanic families. I've received many gifts of food and labor, including having my car fixed and my lawn mowed.

Other non-English speaking parents have hailed from India, China, Japan, Korea, Germany, Russia, Poland, Pakistan, Laos, Haiti, and Brazil. I've enjoyed and appreciated every one of those children and their families. They have taught me at least as much as I have taught them.

Reactions: Jags and fossil
That youtube post is sooo full of awesome I can't stand it. ==c
Grandmothers, mother, sister , and friends, a whole bunch of teachers I'm stuck with would LOVE to implement this message.
That's soooo cool it hurts (from laughing!)

I am a college professor....just passed it along to the entire faculty. That last comment will ruffle some liberal feathers but who cares it is too true

To be fair, 100% of my parents want the best for their children, even when they do not always do the best for their children. Overall I have parents who are very supportive of me. When I experience otherwise, it's often easy to pinpoint their frustration and it rarely has to do with me.

The hispanic parents are THE BEST!! They come from a culture that highly values teachers, and they are so supportive. The teacher is always right! They also come from a culture that values family and community. In my 11 years of teaching I've been invited to numerous birthday parties, quinceaneras, and graduation parties by my hispanic families. I've received many gifts of food and labor, including having my car fixed and my lawn mowed.

Other non-English speaking parents have hailed from India, China, Japan, Korea, Germany, Russia, Poland, Pakistan, Laos, Haiti, and Brazil. I've enjoyed and appreciated every one of those children and their families. They have taught me at least as much as I have taught them.
We had a big influx of Iranians, Pakistanis, and Indians in the late 70's. All were very driven and parents were involved.

I am a college professor....just passed it along to the entire faculty. That last comment will ruffle some liberal feathers but who cares it is too true
You are exactly right! I am all for foriegners immigrating to our country (the ones who are here LEGALLY), that is what makes our country the gem that it is....

But English is the language we adopted in our country from the beginning......to say we need to be politcally correct and speak 10 different languages to accomodate everyone's feelings is BS.....wear your heritage/birthplace with pride, but learn the English language. It's the least you could do.....

But English is the language we adopted in our country from the beginning
The amazing part is that we have never formally adopted English as our official language, and in this day and age we never will, it would be xenophobic

I personally like it when people don't learn the language. Then it's really easy to pick out who I should blame for the difficulties in my life and in my community :rolleyes: Those damn abuelitas

I personally like it when people don't learn the language. Then it's really easy to pick out who I should blame for the difficulties in my life and in my community :rolleyes: Those damn abuelitas
We wouldnt want to inconvenience anyone here illegally,legal immigrants are required to learn the language.

Reactions: ScotO
Previous immigrants learned the language and customs because they needed to work to survive. At the same time they needed to overcome bigotry. Worked well for 150 years or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.